Monday, July 8, 2019

Mental Health in the Classroom

Oy Vey! I said I wouldn't start working on school stuff until AUGUST! I retort in saying one day of working is not going to hurt me after having already relaxed the last 6 weeks. It's good for the brain!

Speaking of the brain...I found this idea today on pinterest that I want to implement in my classroom this year. You see, I want to make my classroom more friendly this year. More open. More honest. I want my students to trust me. I want my students to feel safe. SO below is what I want to do!
You see, mental health is SO important in our world, and in our society--but I do not believe it's checked on enough in the classroom! I want to do a check-in with my students every morning that is private, and that only I can see who posted what. 

I'm a stickler for mental health. I deal with my own mental illness that God has graciously given me help for, and you never know what young people are dealing with on a daily basis. This way, they can be honest about how they're feeling from the get go, and I can check in with them throughout the day, or if REALLY necessary, get guidance involved without other students knowing. 

I want the students to feel like their feelings are valid, important, and necessary to being human. I want them to feel like THEY are all of those things. My classroom is going to look a lot different this year, and this is just a start to how that is going to happen!

1 comment:

  1. I love it And I am praying for you If you want to add me on fb its Winter Banks...I pray That you will find a place soon and that Jesus will heal you mentally physically and emotionally...Praying for you Miss Love in christ Winter

    ReplyDelete