Friday, January 20, 2017

What does God say?

I'm not into politics. I never have been. It's not that I don't care, it's just that it's never interested me. What I do care about is how we as Christians react to what's going on.

Today was inauguration day. It's the 2nd one I can remember watching. I watched because I wanted my students to see what it looks like for a President in our country to be sworn in to office. I watched, because despite how much I don't know about politics, I do wish to be informed. I watched because it is important to know what the leader of my country stands for.

So, what does God tell us to do, despite our personal feelings behind our new President?

2 Timothy 2:1-2
"First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men, for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity."

God urges us to pray for our leader. If you don't agree with what he stands for, then pray for him. Pray for him to be a leader that will actually turn this country around for the better. Pray that he will hold true to what he says he will do.

Pray for our nation--that we will all fall to our knees because this is a time of disbandment among our nation. Pray we will come back to our Christian roots...

This is all I have to say about any of this--simply to pray that God will break our hearts for our leader and our nation and call us to pray for him and it on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment