Wednesday, June 29, 2016

My God will prevail

So do not fear, for I am with you;
    do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
    I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10


Today and the past few days have reminded me of this verse. My God will heal me. He loves me and when I can't handle how weak I feel, he gives me strength to continue. Today instead of going to work like normal I went to chapel hill to have my blood run and to make sure everything's okay. I woke up feeling crummy. My head was splitting, my chest was hurting, and my temperature was on the rise. The Dr. There did blood tests, gave me fluids to bring my temp down, and prescribed me to a new medicine that should start regulating my white blood cell count. So I'm grateful for this morning and for a Dr. who knows what he is doing. 

Learning to live with an immune disorder has been difficult but I won't complain. I can't. I have a Dr who knows what he is doing and a God who guides this Dr's mind into treating me with the best care. I was asked today if I felt like a pin cushion. Yes, but again, it's quality over quantity. If I want to feel better sometimes I have to feel like a lin cushion and right now I'm going through a huge flair that will hopefully simmer down. I've already felt so much better. And that says a lot. 

We serve this amazing God who holds us and guides us even when the world fails us. My earthly body has been failing me but God gives me strength to know He has me, and He will care for me in the greatest sense. 

I'm living. I'm going to smile. I'm going to love people. I'm going to serve. And I'm going to take care of me with the ability God has given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment